Wednesday 14 August 2013

Medieval ATC - Helena and Mistra

ATC august

This months ATC-theme - Medevial - was a bit of a challenge since I used colors I'm not used to. I love how this turned out though. I have played with lots of Dusty in Color products!

I started with an ATC Gothic Window (DA0795) that I painted with Soot (DA0925) and Vintage Gold (DA0926). When the paint had dried I covered the chippie with Clear Gloss Varnish (DA0901).

Then I picked out little pieces from the Coat of Arms add on # 1 and 2. The little castle I painted with five different Dusty in Color, using a sponge. Colors used: Alabaster (DA0902), Soot, Bisque (DA0921), Forrest (DA0919) and Sunburnt Orange (DA0906). The smallest pieces I painted with Alabaster, Soot and Vintage Gold. Finally I glossed all these chippies with Clear Gloss Varnish too. And then, just because I love the Varnish so much, I put some on the ATC background too, as an edge.


 
Hi everyone!

Here's my ATC for this month's Medieval theme at The Dusty Attic, I chose to create the family Coat of Arms, well as close as I could.  Jen had almost the exact pieces needed in her Coat of Arms chipboard designs. 


I've used lots of different embossing powders to create the finish on these, using mostly metallics to create a painted steel look.  


Afterwards I added touches of rust and patina embossing powder and then inked on some brown ink to age it all.


My hubby loved it... I'll have to make one now for the other side of the family!


No comments:

Post a Comment