Tuesday 29 January 2013

"Creative Dreams" & Tip by Vicky Alberto DT

Hello Dusty Fans, Vicky blogging here and I am so very excited to share my very first DT project post with you today. I thought it would be fitting to do a layout about achieving a creative dream of mine... which is designing for this fantastic company.


I have used the decorative scroll #1 and cut it into several pieces. I painted it with several gorgeous colours from the brand new "Dusty in Colour" release of acrylic paints. I simply splattered it all to give it an artsy feel.



Next I used some mini words for the title (again swiping here and there with dusty paints) and then added a pretty butterfly from the newly released chipboard styles. I also added several "Dusty in Bloom" flowers too!

FAUX REVERSE CRACKLE (technique used on the butterfly):
Step 1 - Generously stipple gesso onto chipboard and let dry (the paint "peaks" with settle a bit).
Step 2 - Let completely dry.
Step 3 - Dip your finger into chalk ink and gently rub over the textured bumps

This layout was inspired by the fantastic Dusty Attic January sketch. Don't forget to enter each month for a change to win some beautiful products!


Other products used:

Thanks for joining me on the blog today!
Vicky Alberto

2 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful and so "you" Vicky! Love the beautiful doilies and gorgeous flower clusters and chippies.

    Congrats on making the design team! You will make their products shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just so pretty Vicky. I love the colours, and that faux crackle technique is brilliant, will definitey give that one a go :) x

    ReplyDelete